Having a high credit score can open up a world of credit card options with excellent rewards and perks. If you have a high credit score, you may be eligible for some of the best credit cards on the market.
With so many different options out there, it can be hard to find which credit cards are right for you and your need. Here are some of the best personal credit cards for those with high credit scores:
Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card is a great option for those with high credit scores. This card offers 2X points on travel and dining, and 1X point on all other purchases. It also has a generous welcome bonus of 100,000 points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening.
The Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card has an annual fee of $95, but the rewards and benefits can easily offset the cost.
American Express® Gold Card
The American Express® Gold Card is another great option for those with high credit scores. This card offers 4X points at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets (on up to $25,000 per year in purchases, then 1X point), and 3X points on flights booked directly with airlines or on amextravel.com. It also has a welcome bonus of 60,000 points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 6 months from account opening.
The American Express® Gold Card has an annual fee of $250, but it also offers a $120 dining credit and a $100 airline fee credit.
Citi® Double Cash Card
The Citi® Double Cash Card is a great option for those who want a straightforward cash back card with no annual fee. This card offers 2% cash back on all purchases – 1% when you buy and 1% when you pay. It also has a long introductory APR offer of 0% for 18 months on balance transfers, and a balance transfer fee of 3% (minimum $5).
The Citi® Double Cash Card has no annual fee, making it a great option for those who want to earn cash back without paying for the privilege.
Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card
The Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card is a great option for those who want to earn travel rewards without being tied to a specific airline or hotel chain. This card offers 2X miles on every purchase, and a welcome bonus of 60,000 miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases within the first 3 months from account opening.
The Capital One® Venture® Rewards Credit Card also offers a $100 credit for TSA PreCheck or Global Entry, and has an annual fee of $95.
Benefits of Having a High Credit Score
Your credit score is a number that represents your creditworthiness and can impact your ability to get approved for loans, credit cards, and even a rental apartment. Here are some of the benefits of having a high credit score:
- Lower interest rates: One of the biggest benefits of having a high credit score is that you’ll likely qualify for lower interest rates on loans and credit cards. This can save you hundreds or even thousands of dollars in interest charges over the life of the loan.
- Better credit card rewards: With a high credit score, you’ll likely qualify for credit cards with better rewards programs, such as cash back, points, or miles. This can help you earn rewards faster and get more value out of your credit card spending.
- Easier approval for loans and credit cards: With a high credit score, you’ll have a better chance of getting approved for loans and credit cards. This can make it easier to get the financing you need for a home, car, or other major purchase.
- Higher credit limits: With a high credit score, you’ll likely qualify for higher credit limits on your credit cards. This can give you more spending power and help you improve your credit utilization ratio.
- Better insurance rates: Some insurance companies use credit scores as a factor in determining insurance rates. With a high credit score, you may be able to get better rates on auto, home, and other types of insurance.
- More negotiating power: With a high credit score, you’ll have more negotiating power when it comes to things like interest rates and fees. You may be able to negotiate a lower interest rate on a loan or a higher credit limit on a credit card.
- Easier approval for rental apartments: Landlords often check credit scores as part of the rental application process. With a high credit score, you’ll have a better chance of getting approved for a rental apartment.
- Better job prospects: Some employers check credit scores as part of the hiring process, particularly for jobs that involve handling money or sensitive information. With a high credit score, you may be more attractive to potential employers.
- Peace of mind: Finally, having a high credit score can give you peace of mind knowing that you have a strong financial foundation. You’ll be better positioned to weather financial challenges and take advantage of opportunities as they arise.
In conclusion, having a high credit score can bring many benefits, from lower interest rates and better credit card rewards to easier approval for loans and rental apartments. By maintaining good credit habits, such as paying bills on time and keeping credit utilization low, you can continue to enjoy the benefits of a high credit score and build a strong financial foundation for the future.